|“The 2021 Europe Webinar Series: France, Spain, Italy, Germany, Russia, Ukraine and the United Kingdom” |
The U.S. Commercial Service of the U.S. Department of Commerce International Trade Administration invites American exporters to learn about Europe’s larger markets. The webinar series will provide an overview of each market, trends, business opportunities, and key projects with practical advice from European experts.
Please join us today by registering for this webinar series!
Event: Doing Business in Russia
Date: May 13, 2021
Time: 11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. ETCost:$25
Join the U.S. Commercial Service for a webinar to learn about current market opportunities and challenges in Russia. Learn from our experts at the American embassy in Moscow and private sector who will offer market overviews and practical advice to U.S. exporters looking to do business in Russia.The webinar will conclude with a question and answer session.
Reach: New Regulations for the Chemicals Sector
Date: May 19, 2021
Time: 11:00 a.m. ET 12:00 p.m. ETCost: $25
Join the U.S. Commercial Service to learn more about UK Reach. Hear directly from and ask questions to the UK regulator DEFRA, Health and Safety Executive (HSE), the leading UK-based Chemical Industry Association. and Dow Inc., one of the largest U.S. chemical companies in the UK.
This webinar will conclude with a question and answer session.
Event: Doing Business in the Ukraine
Date: June 17, 2021
Time: 11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Join the U.S. Commercial Service to learn more about current market opportunities and challenges in Ukraine. Understand Ukraine’s well educated workforce, solid industrial base, and rich farmlands, which offer vast opportunities for U.S. exporters.
This webinar will conclude with a question and answer session.
Event:Doing Business in the United Kingdom
Date: July 8, 2021
Time:11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Join the U.S. Commercial Service for a webinar to learn about current market opportunities and challenges in the United Kingdom. Learn from the experts about the UK market which is the largest in Europe, the fifth-largest in the world for U.S. goods exports, and the largest market in the world for U.S. service exports.
This webinar will conclude with a question and answer session.
Ready to expand your export sales to Europe? SBA’s State Trade Expansion Program (STEP), through U.S. states and territories, makes grant money available to small businesses to help cover costs associated with entering and expanding into international markets. To learn more please visit: www.sba.gov/STEP.
Smart City Expo World Congress returns to Barcelona this November 16-18, 2021 with an exciting hybrid cross-platform experience! U.S. companies interested in learning about in-person and digital participation opportunities should contact April Stahl at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In an effort to promote greater efficiency and standardization, the City & Borough of Sitka has transitioned to Bid Express for secure internet bidding. All bid documents are available to download free of charge at www.BidExpress.com. Paper bids will continue to be received and accepted for most bids.
Bid Express registration is required.
It is highly recommended that all interested bidders subscribe to receive email and/or text updates on Bids and RFPs via GovDelivery. It is the responsibility of the bidder to download all bid documents associated with the Invitation to Bid or RFP. Additionally, it is the bidders responsibility to regularly check for addendum to the projects for which they have registered. The City and Borough of Sitka shall not be responsible for sending addenda out to bidders.
RFQ Establishment of Professional Services Roster 2019
RFQ Professional Services Roster – First review prior to May 1, 2019
If you have questions with Bid Express, please contact:
Bid Express Customer Support 888-352-2439 or 352-381-4888
Tori Fleming 907-747-1803
|City & Borough of Sitka |
100 Lincoln StreetSitka, Alaska 99835 Electric DepartmentPhone: (907)747-4000
Free online courses from University of Alaska Fairbanks
The University of Alaska Fairbanks is home to academic innovators and adventure-seekers. Researchers worldwide know it as America’s Arctic university. Our first-class faculty integrate teaching, research and public service into all they do, creating a center for groundbreaking science, education and the arts, with an emphasis on the circumpolar North and its diverse peoples.
Through AlaskaX, you don’t have to journey far to join our world-renowned experts as they dig into our backyard — the vast environmental laboratory of Alaska.
Learn more about UAF. University of Alaska Fairbanks MOOCs
Browse free online courses in a variety of subjects. University of Alaska Fairbanks courses found below can be audited free or students can choose to receive a verified certificate for a small fee. Select a course to learn more.
|U.S. and Mexico Keep Organic Trade Open|
|May 7, 2021|
Mexico’s agriculture secretariat (SADER) extended the deadline for U.S. organic exports to be certified to its Organic Products Law (LPO). U.S. Secretary of Agriculture Tom Vilsack met with his counterpart Secretary Victor Villalobos, and they agreed to extend the compliance deadline to December 31, 2021.
Through 2021, USDA-certified organic products may continue to be exported, but on January 1, 2022, organic products exported from the U.S. to Mexico must be certified to the LPO standard.
View Extension Announcement
(Available in Spanish only)
USDA will continue to work with U.S. industry to assist in transitioning to LPO compliance and will continue to provide updates as necessary.
Read the statement from Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack.
For more information on LPO certification in advance of the January 1, 2022 deadline, please see the Foreign Agriculture Service Mexico City’s GAIN report, Mexico’s Organic Products Law (LPO) information page, a Questions and Answers document on the LPO, and a current list of SENASICA-accredited certifiers.
- CS50’s Introduction to Computer Science Schools and Partners: HarvardXCourse
- Becoming an Effective Leader Schools and Partners: UQxCourse
- Programming for Everybody (Getting Started with Python)Schools and Partners: MichiganXCourse
- Shaping Work of the Future Schools and Partners:MITxCourse
- Entrepreneurship in Emerging EconomiesSchools and Partners:HarvardXCourse
- Technology Entrepreneurship: Lab to Market Schools and Partners:HarvardXCourse
- Entrepreneurship 101: Who is your customer? Schools and Partners:MITxCourse
- Entrepreneurship 103: Show Me The Money Schools and Partners:MITxCourse
- You Can Innovate: User Innovation & EntrepreneurshipSchools and Partners:MITxCourse
- Creativity & Entrepreneurship Schools and Partners: BerkleeXCourse
- Entrepreneurship 102: What can you do for your customer? Schools and Partners:MITxCourse
- DO Your Venture: Entrepreneurship For Everyone Schools and Partners:IIMBxCourse
- Fundamentals of Entrepreneurship in the Family Business Schools and Partners:TecdeMonterreyXCourse
- Corporate Entrepreneurship Schools and Partners:TecdeMonterreyXCourse
- Disciplined Approach to Social Entrepreneurship Schools and Partners:CurtinXCourse
- AfricaLive! – Entrepreneurship in Emerging Economies Schools and Partners:HarvardXCourse
- Social Entrepreneurship – von der Idee zur UmsetzungSchools and Partners: seakademieXCourse
- Corporate Entrepreneurship: Accelerating Organiza…Schools and Partners:ColumbiaXCourse
- Entrepreneurship 101: ¿Quién es tu cliente? Schools and Partners:MITxCourse
- Applied Entrepreneurship 1: Design Thinking for B…Schools and Partners:UMGC, USMxCourse
- Entrepreneurship 102: ¿Qué puedes hacer por tu cliente? Schools and Partners:MITxCourse
- Entrepreneurship for Engineers Schools and Partners:DelftX, WageningenXCourse
- Applied Entrepreneurship 2: Acceleration Plan Dev…Schools and Partners:UMGC, USMxCourse
- Entrepreneurship for Global Challenges in Emerging MarketsSchools and Partners:DelftXCourse
- Entrepreneurial Mindset Schools and Partners:TecdeMonterreyXCourse
- Becoming an Entrepreneur Schools and Partners:MITxCourse
- Contemporary China: The People’s Republic, Taiwan, and Hong KongSchools and Partners: HarvardXCourse
- Financing Innovative VenturesSchools and Partners:UMD, USMxCourse
- Business and Impact Planning for Social Enterprises Schools and Partners:MITxCourse
- Innovation Strategies for Electric Mobility: The Street Scooter Case Schools and Partners:RWTHxCourse
- Sustainable Urban Development Schools and Partners:DelftX, WageningenX, DelftWag…Course
- Feeding a Hungry Planet: Agriculture, Nutrition and Sustaina…Schools and Partners:SDGAcademyXCourse
- The Entrepreneurial Mindset Schools and Partners:BabsonXCourse
- Work and Employment for a Sustainable Future Schools and Partners:SDGAcademyXCourse
- Identifying Entrepreneurial Opportunities Schools and Partners:UMD, USMxCourse
- Entrepreneurial Opportunities Schools and Partners:AdelaideXCourse
- Engineering Design for a Circular Economy Schools and Partners:DelftXCourse
- Enabling Entrepreneurs to Shape a Better World Schools and Partners:seakademieXCourse
- Leadership in the family businessSchools and Partners:TecdeMonterreyXCourse
- Launching New Ventures Schools and Partners:EPFLxCourse
- Managing Innovation Schools and Partners:IIMBxCourse
- Management in Engineering: Accounting and Planni…Schools and Partners:MITxCourse
- Development in Emerging Economies: The Case of China Schools and Partners:PekingXCourse
- Data Analytics in Health – From Basics to BusinessSchools and Partners:KULeuvenXCourse
- Systematic Innovation for Life ScienceSchools and Partners:KIxCourse
- Take Your Medicine: Developing New Drug ProductsSchools and Partners:UTAustinXCourse
- Enabling Entrepreneurs to Shape a Better WorldSchools and Partners: seakademieXCourse
This is the age of global collaboration.MSS
Renewable Energy Courses
- Creating a Pro-Renewables Environment Schools and Partners:ImperialXCourse
- From Fossil Resources to Biomass: A Business and Economics Persp…Schools and Partners:WageningenXCourse
- Biorefinery: From Biomass to Building Blocks of Biobased Pr…Schools and Partners:WageningenXCourse
- Why Move Towards Cleaner Power Schools and Partners:ImperialXCourse
- Catalytic Conversions for Biobased Chemicals and ProductsSchools and Partners:WageningenXCourse
- Incorporating Renewable Energy in Electricity GridsSchools and Partners:ImperialXCourse
- Batteries, Fuel Cells, and their Role in Modern SocietySchools and Partners:UrFUxCourse
- Sustainable Energy: Design a Renewable FutureSchools and Partners:DelftXCourse
- Smart Grids: ModelingSchools and Partners:DelftXCourse
- Climate Change: Financial Risks and OpportunitiesSchools and Partners:ImperialBusinessX, ImperialXCourse
- The Transition to the Decarbonised Economy of TomorrowSchools and Partners:DelftXCourse
- Age of Sustainable DevelopmentSchools and Partners:SDGAcademyXCourse
- Efficient HVAC SystemsSchools and Partners:DelftXCourseSmart Grids: The BasicsSchools and Partners:DelftXCourse
- Solar EnergySchools and Partners:DelftXCourse
- Natural Resources for Sustainable DevelopmentSchools and Partners:SDGAcademyXCourse
- Becoming an Agent of Sustainable ChangeSchools and Partners:WageningenXCourse
- Climate Action: Solutions for a Changing PlanetSchools and Partners:SDGAcademyXCourse
- Electric Cars: PolicySchools and Partners:DelftXCourse
- From Fossil Resources to Biomass: A
- Chemistry PerspectiveSchools and Partners:WageningenXCourse
- Energy Markets of TodaySchools and Partners:DelftXCourse
- Dynamic Energy Modelling of Buildings: Thermal SimulationSchools and Partners:DelftXCourse
- Sustainable EnergySchools and Partners:MITxCourseBiobased Products for a Sustainable (Bio)economySchools and Partners:DelftXRWTHx, DelftX, RWTHxCourse
- Corporate Renewable Procurement:
- Opportunities in IndiaSchools and Partners:ImperialXCourse
- Exploring Volcanoes and Their Hazards: Iceland and New Zeal…Schools and Partners:UCxCourse
- Introduction to Environmental ScienceSchools and Partners:DartmouthXCourse
- Sustainable Development: The Water-Energy-Food N…Schools and Partners:RWTHxCourse
- Industrial BiotechnologySchools and Partners:DelftXCourse
- Energy Supply Systems for Buildings Schools and Partners:DelftXCourse
- Solar Energy: Integration of Photovoltaic Systems…Schools and Partners:DelftXCourse
“…One recent Stanford graduate told the Times that some of her peers are actively pursuing jobs at startups in the health, education, and privacy industries–where “change the world” missions can feel particularly urgent.”…
Have you ever wondered what you’ll be doing five years from now?
Or even ten years from now in 2030? Well, Careerplanner.org has a survey that you can take that gives you a pretty good idea of where you’ll best fit in future industries,
and how best to apply your talents and interests by matching you to a cluster of suggested careers that you may best be suited for and happiest in based on your honest answers that you provide about yourself. Get a headstart on your future here by planning for it now.
Go Hard, and Never Ever Quit
see which industries are home to tomorrow’s fastest-growing startups from 2019. Inc. magazine (In the comment section below, let us know how you did, if the results were what you did or did not expect, if you’re satisfied or not, and what you plan to do about it).
Augmented Reality | Blockchain | C Programming | Command Line | Computer Programming | Cybersecurity | Flask | Hyperledger | Information Technology | iOS App | iOS Development | Java | jQuery | Linux | Python | Raspberry Pi | Ruby on Rails | TinyML | Web Accessibility | Web Development
What is App Development?
App Development refers to the creation of computer applications for use on mobile devices such as tablets, smartphones and smart watches. Mobile device features such as cameras, motion and location awareness can be used to create unique and inventive mobile-only applications for things such as taxi and bike sharing.
Mobile devices typically have popular apps for searching, browsing and social media preinstalled and users can download and install additional apps from Google Play (Android) and the Apple App Store (iOS). Mobile applications are designed and built for different operating systems and developers will want to learn how to build for both the Android operating system and Apple’s iOS.
Online Courses in Mobile App Development
Learn how to develop mobile applications with free online courses from top universities and organizations. The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology offers a 6-week introduction to mobile app development that is perfect for students that are new to the app development world. Learn the fundamentals of the app development process. Learn how to create an app, how they work, their basic components and what is involved in app design and development.
If the app development field is something you are considering as a career, then an advanced program such as the MicroMasters in Android app development may be right for you. This 5-course, in-depth program will get you on a path to a career as an Android developer with hands-on experience designing and building your own app.
Jobs in App Development
The world is officially mobile and almost every major company with an internet presence also has an associated app that tailors and extends its services to the mobile user. At the time of this writing, Indeed.com listed over 500 open, full-time positions for mobile app developers in the U.S. with salary estimates ranging from $50K to $115K per year. Top locations in the U.S. include San Francisco, New York and Seattle and some positions offer remote employment opportunities. Learn more about Android and iOS app development and explore job opportunities in the exciting, in-demand field.
Explore a Career as an App Developer
Mobile app development is an in-demand and lucrative career option. Enroll in the advanced MicroMasters program in Android app development and see if a career of mobile app developer is right for you.
Find out here which are the most successful companies in America, and why.
Or the FEMALE FOUNDERS who reshaped the American business model in 2019, and
Our entrepreneurial labs, are designed to take you from start to finish of your endeavor. Through daily, weekly, and monthly interchangeably scheduled classes, workshops, webinars, therapy sessions, outings, gatherings, hands-on trainings and income earning pop-ups for adolescents + ages 0-25 (parents welcome)
to partake in that can include family members, friends, neighbors, teachers and co-workers to balance your mental health, which is additionally applicable toward a wealth of opportunities that provide a sound path in life. A career path, whether with an existing or future successful company for you to work in, or a company of your own that in turn creates opportunities for yourself and others.
SignUP for our StartUp, or a job/career with our StartUp.
Invest $5.19, Or buy a stock for as little as 8 dollars.
Buy StartUp Stock
Invest in a StartUp
For instance, imagine a career in Agribusiness. There are many lucrative aspects to this field. Import and Export, being one, if your aspirations are to travel and fashion the world, sustainably, in search of delightful delicacies. Find out what you can expect here Fair Trade, and here World Trade Organization. As well as everything in between:
BY JASON ATEN
Let’s create a mentally healthy sustainable world together.
|Africa needs to seize this growth opportunity|
|“The time for Africa is now,”|
|writes World Bank Group President David Malpass on investing in Africa. “Let’s seize the moment and start delivering immediate wins that can rapidly transform economies and improve people’s lives.”|
- AI for Everyone: Master the BasicsSchools and Partners:IBMCourse
- AI Chatbots without ProgrammingSchools and Partners:IBMCourse
- Data Ethics, AI and Responsible InnovationSchools and Partners:EdinburghXCourse
- Introduction to Watson AI Schools and Partners:IBMCourse
- Business Considerations for 5G, IoT and AI Schools and Partners:LinuxFoundationXCourse
- AI Applications with WatsonSchools and Partners:IBMCourse
- Ingeniería de aeropuertos: diseño del lado aire según OACI (…Schools and Partners:UPValenciaXCourse
- AI for LeadersSchools and Partners:BabsonXCourseIntroduzione ai circuiti
- elettriciSchools and Partners:FedericaXCourseFintech: AI & Machine
- Learning in the Financial IndustrySchools and Partners:UTAustinXCourse
- AI in Practice: Preparing for AI Schools and Partners:DelftXCourse
- AI in Practice: Applying AI Schools and Partners:DelftXCourse
- Bias and Discrimination in AI Schools and Partners:UMontrealXCourse
- Implementation Strategies: AI and Cognitive Computing Schools and Partners:UBCxCourse
- Python for AI & Development ProjectSchools and Partners:IBMCourse
- Science, Engineering, AI & Data Ethics | 科学技術・AI倫理Schools and Partners:TokyoTechXCourse
- Air pollution: causes and impactsSchools and Partners:IMTxCourse
- Environmental Engineering: Air Pollution and TreatmentSchools and Partners:SNUxCourse
- Smarter Chatbots with Node-RED and Watson AI Schools and Partners:IBM Course
The following Global Agricultural Information Network (GAIN) reports were released on Monday, May 10, 2021.
For the market year (MY) 2021/22 (May-April), Post forecasts Bangladesh’s rice production to increase, assuming friendly weather and increased yield. Rice imports are expected to fall as a result of increased domestic production. Wheat production is projected lower and imports are forecast to rise to meet increased demand and to alleviate food security concerns. Corn imports are forecast to decrease as a result of increased domestic production and the improved quality of domestic corn.
A large vegetarian population and greater demand for healthy foods are fueling the rapid expansion of plant-based meat substitutes in India. While the concept of plant-based meats is new to the country, consumers are highly receptive towards this product category. As a result, a growing number of domestic manufacturers and foreign suppliers are penetrating this market to deliver this high-value product for which consumers are willing to pay a premium. India’s plant-based meat industry has developed various joint ventures between Indian firms and international food processors, who are developing innovative meat substitutes derived from pulses, soybeans, wheat, potato, and other plant-based ingredients. Opportunities for U.S. exporters exist in both consumer-oriented products, and raw materials to support local manufacturers.
On April 5, 2021, the first U.S. commercial beef cattle embryo shipment (valued at $28,000) arrived in the Philippines. Juliana’s Cattle Farm, owned by Mr. Rolando Lagaya and located in Batangas, purchased 93 straws to improve their herd genetics and increase beef production. The sale resulted from efforts by U.S. Livestock Genetics Export with USDA Market Access Program funding, including a reverse trade mission for Philippine buyers led by the Kansas Department of Agriculture. According to the trader that facilitated the transaction, they expect additional shipments of 100 to 200 straws of frozen beef embryos within the next 12 months. This sale follows USDA/APHIS finalizing a health protocol in May 2020 with the Philippine government for the importation of U.S. bovine embryos.
For more information, or for an archive of all FAS GAIN reports, please visit gain.fas.usda.gov/.
- About Us
- Activity Station
- Farm & Urban Year-round Greenhouses
- Human Development
- Impact 🌍
- Learning & Training Division
- Literacy Program
- Meeting Schedule
- Our Services
- Pre-K thru 12 Mental Health Balance
- Social Media
- Speak Easy Blog
- Young Adult Mental Health Balance (18-25)